Before you get started, please read my Welcome post.

Friday, April 16, 2010

#16 Bolingbrook Portillo's

One thing that Portillo’s doesn’t serve is rice, which for my friend Boua (Boo-wah) was either disappointing or a welcome change.  She eats rice at virtually every meal.  Boua (not pictured - replaced by a nice outdoor eating area picture) and I work together and we’re fortunate enough to be able to telecommute (if that’s still the appropriate term) from various locations … nope, I just remembered, it’s now called ‘hotelling.’  That’s a misnomer if ever I’ve heard one!  It somehow implies that I’m on vacation - sleeping, trying to sleep, or lounging by a pool.  None of which even comes close to working in a cube.  Anyway, Boua likes to work a bit closer to home on Fridays so she suggested we meet at the Bolingbrook Portillo’s for lunch.  It wasn’t too bad of a ride for me, since I was working in Oak Brook.  Oak Brook is right next to I88, which by the way used to be I5, bet you didn’t know, or if you’re my age or older, remember that.  Which brings up a good point, why can’t everyone agree that one continuous road should maintain the same name?  Where is the federal, or at least the state, government when you need them?  This is why I’m paying taxes, right?

I’m getting up the soap box now so if you want to check out, off with you.  That was just one example of how the government lets us down.  They spend countless hours writing legislation that often complicates life instead of making it easier.  You’ll laugh at this, but here's one minor regulation could make all of our lives easier.  How about creating some rules regarding clothing sizes!  Depending on the manufacturer, I range from a medium to an XL in t-shirt size.  Does that make any sense?  I recently wrote a letter to my – former- t-shirt supplier complaining that for the last ten years I’ve bought the same size shirt from them.  In my last order, the large t-shirt was four inches wider and four inches longer than the previous batch (yes I order more than one at a time – and yes – I order them on-line).  I understand that Americans in general are becoming more obese, but they should just be forced to buy larger shirts, shouldn’t they?  I guess the whole issue would be moot if I enjoyed clothes shopping, but I don’t.  Boua, you’re always looking for business ideas, how about a company that certifies clothing sizes!?

Jeff
Grilled Vegetable Sandwich (needed more spices)
Strawberry / Banana Smoothie (exceptionally good)

Boua
Chopped Salad (no cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment