Before you get started, please read my Welcome post.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome

Every New Years starts out with a resolution.  As my neighbor Kraig says, "It's generally some thing like, 'I'm going to lose weight, exercise more, stop smoking, bla bla bla.'"  How many people actually accomplish these goals?  Nobody ... well, I'm sure that someone has, but I've never met them.  For me, I set a more realistic goal.  I plan on eating at every Portillo's in the Chicagoland area.  As of 1/1/2010, there were 31 in Illinois, and one in Indiana*.  In addition, I plan on trying everything on the menu.


Why would I pick such a goal?  There are a number of reasons.  First, the food is great.  As far as I'm concerned, Portillo's has the best hot dog in Chicago.  I'm not putting down the other 20k vendors, but Portillo's is consistently good and easy to find.  Second, my family loves Portillo's.  When they make their annual Christmas pilgrimage (from Kansas), that's the first place they go.  Their favorite is the Italian Beef, which can only be found here in Chicago.  Finally, this goal is S.M.A.R.T. - it's Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.  It can be done.

With all that said, I'm going to start posting my / our voyage (as I bring along the family).  Follow me as I hit the road.   



 

*I know.  There are also two in California. 

1 comment:

  1. What? You are crazy. But I must admit, I made a Portillos run tonight! Love their Chopped Salad with the warm Poppy Seed Muffin!

    ReplyDelete