Before you get started, please read my Welcome post.

Monday, January 25, 2010

#04 Skokie Portillo's

I’m going to start this post with a big "thank you" to my wife (Joy) for the Garmin GPS she bought me for my last birthday; without it I would surely have gotten lost Friday on my way to Skokie. I cannot for the life of me fathom why the Chicago city planner, or whomever it was, decided that no one would ever want to go east on the Kennedy Expressway and then decide to go north, though it’s labeled ‘West’, on the Edens Expressway.  The same buffoon(s) apparently never thought anyone would go back the other way. It’s totally ludicrous, and time consuming, to be forced onto surface streets to navigate your way from one highway to the other! Someone should call Daley and complain.

Despite the detours, I was able to make it to Skokie in 20 minutes to pick up two of my best friends, Dodie (dough-dee) and Kathy (kath-ee). Perhaps I don’t need to help with the pronunciation of Kathy’s name... In any case, back to the story. Friday (fry-day) we went to the Skokie Portillo’s. It sits just south of the Old Orchard Shopping Center, though my friends didn’t know that, even they work on the north side of the mall. Seriously, they’ve been working there for almost a month and they don’t know all the restaurants in the area! Can you believe that? I can’t, but I digress. What’s interesting about this Portillo’s is that I am unable to show you pictures of the inside. It’s not that I don’t have them, but apparently someone in the restaurant is in the witness protection program and requested, "no photos."  However, I can show you photos of my friends. Dodie is sitting behind me supporting her tiny head with her fist. It's not that her head is that small, it's just that my head is so much larger.  Kathy is the extremely slow eater pictured with the half eaten salad.  Joy, she may be slower than you, if that’s possible.

Jeff:
Chopped Salad (dressing on the side - great)
Dodie:
Chicken Caesar Salad
Kathy:
Chopped Salad (no tomato - should have requested no red cabbage too)


















No comments:

Post a Comment