Before you get started, please read my Welcome post.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

#15 Northlake Portillo's

One of the best things about work, other than the money, is the opportunity to build friendships.  In addition, those friendships lead to free birthday lunches!  Guess where I chose to go … think about it … If you guessed anywhere other than Portillo’s you’re reading the wrong blog!!  Val, Debbie, and Heather (pictured in that order below) are three of my best friends.  We’ve worked and eaten lunch together for several years.  We’re so close that when we don’t have lunch together we get mad at each other.  Debbie and I have been friends the longest.  I’m not going to say how long, but Josh is going off to college and we were friends long before he was born.  I guess that’s one thing I don’t like about work.  While it helps us meet people and become friends it doesn’t always foster those friendships.  Debbie and I were fortunate because we worked together at one company, and after it went belly-up, we both ended up at the same new company.  I know people say that if you really wanted to stay friends after you left school, a job, etc., that you would stay in touch.  To some degree I agree with that, but there’s something to be said for proximity when building relationships.

The Portillo’s in Northlake is on North Ave.  As a kid I could always remember my directions because we lived south of North Ave.  I still live south of North Ave. and east of West St.  I wonder if this helps Josh remember his directions?  Anyway, I’d be remiss in my duties if I didn’t make special mention of Portillo’s Chocolate Cake.  Since it was my birthday, and I wasn’t paying, I made sure to order a piece.  If you think you’ve ever had a better piece of chocolate cake, I’d like to try it.  As the edict goes, “there’s always room for cake.”  What, you haven’t been taking that as an edict?  I have, and I’ve got the body to prove it.

Jeff
Hot Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (liked it)
Chocolate Cake (loved it)

Val:
Italian Beef
Cheese Fries

Debbie:
Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich (made like a hamburger)

Heather:
Hot Dog
Cheese Fries




No comments:

Post a Comment