Before you get started, please read my Welcome post.

Monday, February 8, 2010

#6 Willowbrook Portillo's

Yesterday was perhaps one of the best and worst days of the year. Why? Yesterday was Superbowl Sunday! So … it was the most important game of the season and, unfortunately, the last. Boo!! That’s about it for sports, as far as I’m concerned. I don’t really watch, or track, any other sport. It’s not that I don’t enjoy playing them, or seeing them in person, I just don’t watch any other sports on TV. It seems to me that other sports go on forever, like baseball, right - Jim? The Cubs lost 78 of their 161 games last year. At 3 hours per game I figure I saved a minimum of 234 hours. At least with football every game counts.

Yesterday we went to the Portillo’s in Willowbrook. We hadn’t really planned on going to Portillo’s this weekend but our Sunday plans changed. We were slated for a birthday party at our friend’s house, but illness thwarted (look it up Dodie) our plans. Happy birthday Grace!! See you in a couple of weeks. Hope you feel better Beth!!

I know I’m all over the place with this post, but I wanted to let everyone know that I finally let Portillo’s know my plans to visit all the restaurants this year. I received this nice response from them, “Thank you for your email and for sharing your blog with us. I will be sure to pass it along to Mr. Portillo so he may enjoy it as well. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon!” That was nice. I’ll probably send them an update after I hit another 5, or so, restaurants. I also heard on the news the other day that Portillo’s is planning on opening a breakfast restaurant.

Jeff
Asian Chicken Won Ton Salad (needs work.  not happy about the breaded chicken)
Joy
Chopped Salad (normally comes with a muffin, but got bread.  liked the bread)
Josh
Chili Cheese Dog (not sold on it, but had another Strawberry Malt - weird)
Fries
Jeff / Joy
Caramel Pecan Pie (nice rich cake - very sweet)





































No comments:

Post a Comment